Monday, September 3, 2007

Penang International MTB Challenge 2007


My injured leg

Washing bike at the river

Leong is having breakfast

Wen Chuin, Me, ZS and Leong

ZS with his Specialized Stumpjumper

Mr William with his Kona

Yen with his GT


Wen Chuin with his Haro


Leong with his Kona Stinky

Leong posing like Bollywood star before race


Our group picture

Me!!!

It was a rainny Sunday morning. The weather was cool and perfect for the Penang International Mountain Bike Challenge 2007 held in Youth Park, Penang. It was the major event held by MPPP (Penang city council) and comprises many participant from oversea especially Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore and as far as Germany. I already got the picture of the wet, muddy and sloppy rocky terrains that really killing me. I did survey a night before as I came for the empty dinner they organised. The brochure stated the dinner was held at Youth Park hall at 7pm sharp. Upon reaching the dinner place at 6.30pm, I bet you won't believe it, the dinner already end. It really sucks and a shame to the event organiser for organising such a lame dinner for other state partipant like us. Well I think MPPP held the most lousiest and most shameful event in the history!!! So with empty stomach we went on survey at the race track and it was very wet and dangerous. I fell down to the slop and almost got my both hand injured. Lucky I am but in my heart I was thinking am I made a mistake to participate this event? Well the fight is on. So in the morning I can see alot of partipants from all over the country are doing some warm up and some of them putting their bikes down from their vehicle. Then Mr William invited me to ride to the race trail the same place I fell down. I ride up and the trail was even wetter then last night before. My bike skidded and I hit the thorn of plants and cut my leg. Oh man it was a bad omen for me. Not to say the downhill was wet and dangerous. My heart was beating fast and chilling when I ride down the rocky hill. Well then back to the base with my heart pounding fast. The we rest for a while for our event Men Elite Open Challenge that held at 2 pm. Not to say that myself had witnessed many cyclists had fall down hard and hurt themself badly. I started to worry, will that happened to me next?? God only know. Well its already 2pm !! the emcee announced all the participants to get ready. I managed to tell some jokes with my friend Yen,Wen Chuin, ZS and Leong the moment before started. The weather was clear and hot. The race finally started and I ride fast and did sharp cornering at the almost dried grass. It was my proud moment as been able to overtake few participants who unable to do sharp cornering. Then when I reach at the steep slop and rolling even faster down near to the river side. Then had to carry the bike to cross the river. It was very muddy at the river bank and I had difficulty to carry my bike and climbing up. But I managed at last. I proceed to carry my bike uphill and then downhill. I almost fell from the very steep hill when doing downhill. It was deadly and dangerous. I fully exhausted because I carried my with the wrong technique. Ended up I did only a lap out of 6 lap. But it was the most enjoyable moment been able to complete a lap, exhausted and happy.

No comments: